What is recreational insurance?

You have heard of recreational insurance, better known as RV insurance, but you may not understand everything that such indemnity policy entails. What is the difference between RV assurance and regular auto insurance? Keep reading for an overview of the subject. Contact Shults Insurance Agency to get a full understanding of how RV insurance works in Fort Plain, NY.

What Is RV Insurance?

RV insurance is a policy that covers your Class A, Class B, Class C, and any other type of mobile home you have at home or in storage. Fifth wheels, pop-ups campers, and travel trailers are three types of recreational vehicles that qualify as suitable for coverage despite their inability to get from Point A to Point B without towing assistance.

Is RV Insurance Mandatory?

Recreational assurance is not like auto insurance. There are some instances where the coverage is optional in Fort Plain, NY. Those with fifth wheels, pop-up campers, and travel trailers can choose whether they want the additional cushion in the instance of theft or damage. Those who operate Class A, Class B, and Class C motorhomes do not have the option of going without RV assurance. For such vehicle owners, the notion of how much insurance is necessary becomes prevalent.

How Much Is Enough?

As with auto insurance, you need to have an RV indemnity policy that meets the state’s minimum requirements. New York requires drivers to maintain policy limits that pay at minimum $25,000 for bodily injury per person and $10,000 for property damage per accident. The minimum standard, of course, does not shield against lawsuits in the instance of your policy limits not being enough to cover the cost of all damages and injuries.

Speaking with an agent at Shults Insurance Agency is the best way to ensure that your RV is fully protected. Contact them today for a quote!